Saturday, August 27, 2011

James from England, A Play in One Act

Setting: Anywhere in the world.
Characters: James from England, Anyone else in the world

James from England: Hi! I'm James from England!
Anyone else in the world: Hi James... from England. I'm [name]... from [place].
James from England: That's cool. I'm from South Bristol! I didn't grow up in Bristol, though, I grew up in London. If I'd grown up in Bristol, I'd sound like a farmer, teeheeehee
Anyone else in the world: I'm sorry if this makes me seem ignorant, but what exactly does a British farmer sound like?
James from England: ...
Anyone else in the world: Also, like, doesn't Skins take place in Bristol? They really don't seem farmer-ish to me...
James from England: Hey! Let's play a game!
Anyone else in the world: Uh.. okay... What game?
James from England: Guess how old I am!
Anyone else in the world: Well, this game doesn't really seem that fun, but uh... 24?
James from England: Close!
Anyone else in the world: Do I really have to?
James from England: C'mon!
Anyone else in the world: (sighs) 25?
James from England: Nope, lower!
Anyone else in the world: 23?
James from England: Yup! You got it!!
Anyone else in the world: So... basically... you look more or less exactly your age?
James from England: Yeah, isn't that cool?
Anyone else in the world: ...
James from England: Hey, you know what I really like to do?
Anyone else in the world: Not particularly, but I bet you're going to tell me anyway
James from England: I like to jump from rock to rock on mountains! It makes me feel like I'm seven years old again.
Anyone else in the world: Are you sure you're not originally from Bristol? Because that sounds like a pretty farmer activity to me. Also, did you look like you were exactly seven years old when you were seven years old?
James from England: I'm from London, I swear. Let's talk about something else.

Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment